your dog has that
certain "star quality"?
Are you an accomplished
shutterbug (or aspiring to be one)?
Then we invite you to enter our 33rd
Annual Photo Contest. It can be an elegant portrait,
a lively action shot, or just an image of your dog expressing himself—creativity,
and originality are the only parameters.
Well, there are a few rules, too (see below).
So start snapping!
Deadline: the 2011 AKC Photo Contest begins
on April 15th, 2011. Entries must postmarked by
January 31, 2012, and received no later than February 6, 2012.
- The contest is open to residents of the United States age 18 and
over except employees of the American Kennel Club, AKC-affiliated
organizations, and their immediate families. Each entry may be submitted
only by the original photographer.
- Only previously unpublished photos may be entered. Each photographer
may submit only one black-and-white and/or one color photo. Those
who submit more than one color and/or one black-and-white photo will
- Prizes are not transferable. No substitution or transfer of a
prize by a winner is permitted. All applicable federal, state, local,
or other taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners.
- No official dog show “win shots” will
- All entrants represent and warrant that any material that he or
she submits is original, has not been previously published or won
an award, does not infringe upon the copyright or any other right
or interest of any other person or organization, and that the entrant
has not previously granted any rights to such material to any other
person or organization, nor does any third party have any interest
in such materials.
- All photos become the property of the American Kennel Club and will not be returned. Winning photos may be published in AKC Family Dog magazine and on the AKC web site at www.akc.org, as well as used in promotions of future AKC photo contests. Should any photo be republished for use other than described above at a later date, the photographer will be paid in accordance with the AKC standard photo fee schedule in effect at that time.
- Photographers are advised to keep a copy of each entry. The American
Kennel Club will not be held responsible for any entry under any
- Entries must be unmatted prints only, from 5" x 7" (minimum)
to 8" x 10" (maximum). Color photocopies will not be accepted.
Prints of high-resolution digital photos are acceptable, but scans
of originals are not. Each entry must have the name, address, and
phone number of the photographer, and the breed of dog(s), taped
securely to the back. Entries received without this information will
not be considered.
- NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. A PURCHASE
WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
- AKC shall have the right to disqualify any entries that it deems not to meet the criteria, or due to technical, legal, or other problems, as determined by AKC at its sole discretion. Judges appointed by the American Kennel Club will select the winners based on the quality of the photograph, composition, originality, and appeal. Judges’ decisions are final and binding with respect to all matters relating to this contest. The winners will be notified by mail, or phone, or e-mail. For a list of winners, available after April 1, 2012, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to AKC Photo Contest Winners, American Kennel Club, 260 Madison Ave., New York, NY 10016. Requests must be received by June 1, 2011.
Send entries to:
AKC magazines Photo Contest
The American Kennel Club
260 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10016
First Place $500
Second Place $250
Third Place $150